1. He took a taxi so he wouldn't have to walk in the rain. AVOID
He took a taxi _______________________________________________________in the rain.
2. No one has ever stolen my car. HAD
I have __________________________________________________________ stolen.
3. My parents met for the first time thirty years ago. THAT
It _______________________________________________________my parents first met.
4. Although the main actor performed well, the critics didn't like the play. GOOD
In spite _________________________________________by the main actor, the critics didn't like the play.
5. I always trust Carla's advice. SOMEBODY
Carla __________________________________________ I always trust.
6. We appear to have been given the wrong address. AS
It ________________________________________________ we have been given the wrong address.
7. Valerie doesn't object to her photograph appearing in the magazine. OBJECTION
Valerie ________________________________________her photograph appearing in the magazine.
8. I find Robert's taste in music very hard to tolerate. PUT
I find it _____________________________________________Robert's taste in music.
9. Golf is becoming increasingly popular in Britain. POPULARITY
The ___________________________________________in Britain.
10. Too tired to continued, Phil stopped walking. CARRY
Phil couldn't ________________________________________ he was too tired.